Want to become more involved in changing your community and County? Become an elected Central Committee member.
Each precinct in Delaware County elects a member to the county Democratic Central Committee. Elections are held during even year primaries, and registration deadline is 90 days before the primary. If election year is approaching and you are interested in running, click here to download your Central Committee Statement of Candidacy form.
Note: if there is a Central Committee vacancy in your precinct, you may also be eligible to become an at-large Central Committee member.Wondering if your precinct already has representation? Go here to locate your precinct and check availability. Can’t remember your precinct? No problem, go here to search your personal voter information.
Become an At-Large Central Committee Member:
Any vacancies in the Central Committee can be filled by being appointed as an at-large member of the Central Committee for your precinct and being confirmed by majority vote of the Executive Committee (you need to attend at least three monthly Exec/Central Committee meetings to become eligible for appointment).
An appointed Central Committee member has all the same responsibilities and privileges as an elected member except cannot vote for County Chair.
What being a Central Committee Member entails:
The following is an overview of opportunities for Central Committee members to effectively work within their precincts. No one does all of these things, but we all contribute to the cause as well as we can. It’s one big party where you can get to know your neighbors in a relaxed and meaningful way.
Be an Active Central Committee Member
- Attend Central Committee meetings regularly and support fellow CC members
- Inform people in your precinct of voting responsibilities
- Talk positively about our local party and candidates for local offices
Support Democratic Candidates and Campaigns
- Vote in every election (as a Democrat, of course) and encourage others to do the same
- Circulate petitions in your precinct for Democratic candidates and progressive issues
- Walk your precinct with a friend or with candidates to distribute campaign materials
- Host a house party/coffee reception for a candidate
Participate in Local Democratic Party Activities
- Volunteer to help with special events and activities
- Take part in Democratic workshops and conferences that interest you
- Attend fundraisers sponsored by the Democratic party
- Contribute financially when you can, and encourage others to do so
- Wear buttons, bumper stickers, and Democratic t-shirts that express pride in being progressive
Interact with your Neighborhood
- Connect with your precinct constituents and be a recognized resource for voting & candidate information
- Host “Blue Block” gatherings to network with fellow Democrats
- Organize a Facebook group for your precinct
- Use your personal network to identify and promote future candidates or new political contributors
- Encourage others to join our local party
If you want to attend a Delaware County Democratic Party meeting to see what we are doing, they are open to the public and take place on the third Thursday of the month. The meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. and conclude by 9 p.m. Please join us and become part of the Blue Wave!
The map below shows the precincts in Delaware County. Click the image to view the Delaware County precinct book where you can locate detailed maps of individual precincts.