This election year is the most important of our lifetime and many eyes are on Ohio AND Delaware County. The decisions we make at the polls in the March 17 primary and the election in November will impact us for years to come on a local, state, federal and global level. Make sure you are election ready by following a few extremely important steps:
1. Verify your voter registration is active and correct: Check here. Remember many people were purged from the voter lists last year so be sure to check! You can register to vote here. The registration deadline is February 18, 2020.
2. Decide how you are going to vote:
- Voting by mail: Mail ballots increase Democratic turnout significantly, are convenient and help you avoid lines on Election Day and protect you if there is an emergency. To request a mail ballot, download the application and sent it to the Delaware Board of Elections.
- In-Person Absentee Voting: Absentee voting begins on February 19, 2020. You can vote in-person at the Delaware County Board of Elections’ Vote Center. Be sure to check the hours and ID requirements.
- In-Person on Election: Vote at your normal polling place (find it here).
3. Make your voice heard and VOTE!
Check out what will be on your ballot, including a couple of special situations you’ll need to pay close attention to, here.
Note: By Ohio law, you declare your political party affiliation by requesting the ballot of a political party in a partisan primary election.