The upcoming year is going to be an exciting one. It is a presidential election year and our country’s chance to finally fire Donald Trump! The Delaware County Democratic Party is thrilled to support Democrats running for federal, statewide and local seats in 2020.
Below is a current list of Democrats running for whom voters in Delaware County will cast their votes:
|U.S. President||Trump|| |
Bennett, Biden, Booker, Bloomberg, Bullock, Buttigieg, Castro, Delaney, Gabbard, Harris, Klobuchar, Patrick, Sanders, Sestak, Steyer, Williamson, Yang
|U.S. House District 12||Troy Balderson (R)||Jenny Bell|
|Ohio Supreme Court||Sharon Kennedy (R) – term ends Jan. 1, 2021||John O’Donnell|
|Ohio Supreme Court||Judith French (R) – term ends Jan. 1, 2021||Jennifer Brunner|
|Ohio 5th District Court of Appeals||William Hoffman (D)||Hoffman running for re-election|
|State of Ohio Board of Education||Antoinette Miranda (D)||Miranda running for re-election|
|Ohio House District 67||Kris Jordan (R)||Rachael Morocco|
|Ohio House District 68||Rick Carfagna (R)|
|Delaware County Commissioner||Jeff Benton (R) – term commences 1/3/21|
|Delaware County Commissioner||Gary Merrell (R) – term commences 1/2/21|
|County Coroner||Mark Hickman (R)|
|County Engineer||Chris Bauserman (R)|
|Common Pleas Judge||David Gormley (R)|
|Probate/Juvenile Judge||David Hejmanowski (R)|
|County Prosecutor||Melissa Schiffel (R)|
|County Recorder||Melissa Jordan (R)|
|County Sheriff||Russell L. Martin (R)|
|County Treasurer||Michael Ringle (R) – appointed|
|Delaware County Democratic Party Central Committee||165 seats are up||Look up your precinct at the Board of Election website here and click here to find your Declaration of Candidacy Form|
Revised 11/27/19. If you notice any inaccurate information or would like your information added to this table, contact Melanie Farkas.
2020 Candidate Recruitment – Deadlines to File
- Anyone interested in running for office in 2020 needs to file a petition with the Board of Elections by December 18th at 4 P.M. You may find helpful resources and instructions on how to move forward in the Candidate Portal of the Delaware County Board of Elections website here. If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Sam Melendez at the Ohio Democratic Party, Peg Watkins or Jay Gupta, both with the Delaware County Democratic Party.
- We are also encouraged to file petitions for a placeholder candidate so there is at least a Democratic name on the ballot. This is an effective way to make Republicans spend money in redder districts.
- Prime targets to get Democrats on the ballot for county offices are the two County Commissioner races, as well as County Recorder and County Treasurer.
- If you want to serve on our local Central Committee for the next two years, you must file a Nominating Petition by December 18th at 4:00 p.m. These forms can be found on the Board of Elections website, the Secretary of State’s website, OR right here:
- Our reorganization meeting when we choose new officers will be held shortly after results of the March 17 Primary are certified. Only Central Committee members who are elected on the Primary ballot can vote for Party Chair. We will also be electing a 1st Vice Chair, 2nd Vice Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
If you have already filed a petition, thank you. If you have not, please complete the appropriate form and return it to the Board of Elections or mail to: Delaware County Board of Elections, 2079 US Highway 23 N, P.O. Box 8006, Delaware, OH, 43015. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.