Each spring the Delaware County Democratic Party gives scholarships to graduating seniors at area high schools who intend to continue their schooling at the collegiate level. The basic requirement is that one of the student’s parents or guardians is a registered Democrat and that the student lives in Delaware County. A committee of local community members award the scholarships based on the students’ applications. Each application is evaluated on the basis of academics, extracurricular school activities, long-term goals and career objectives, political activity, and community activity. Additional points may be awarded for presentation and completeness.
Interested students should prepare a formal application with the following:
- Name, address, and telephone number
- Names of parents or guardians
- Contact information
- The most recent transcript
- Letter of acceptance to a collegiate educational program
- List and discussion of extracurricular school activities
- List and discussion of community activities
- List and discussion of political activity for issues or candidates
- Explanation of the student’s career goals and aspirations
- Letter of recommendation (at least one, more recommended).
Send to: David Simmons
PO Box 356
Galena, OH 43021
Deadline: March 17, 2020
If you have questions, please call David Simmons at 740-965-4023.